Thursday, October 30, 2008

Russell & Jonathan

I'm sure you know which Russell and Jonathan I'm referring to.

I haven't heard the offending show. I don't ever listen to them although I have enjoyed Jonathan Ross's humour since the 1980's. I'm not in a position to comment on the the matter in hand. From the sounds of it they overstepped the mark and have got their knuckles rapped.
The part that intrigues me more is the amount of complaints the pair have received. When the show was broadcast it got two complaints. At the last count this was up to over 30,000. Which means there are around 30,000 people out their who never heard the broadcast and yet felt compelled to complain after others had done so. Why? Have they so little in their lives they have to jump on the nearest bandwagon? Especially now that the credit crunch is getting boring! Or did they all listen to the show, laugh along with the wheeze and then feel guilty afterwards. By joining the crowd they attempt to blend in and atone for their sins. My guess is they also shed copious amounts of tears when Diana died and felt they had known her even though they didn't. They felt they'd heard the show even though they didn't!
------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home