Monday, November 21, 2005

X Factor. Winners or Losers

Saturday night in my house is X Factor night. It's banal, inoffensive and immediately forgetable. Ideal family entertainment. My 7 year old son is a devoted Chico fan. And he'll remain so until Chico is voted off the show. Stardom in these talent shows is normally shortlived.

At least this year the judges have not been gushing over their proteges and promising to lead them to super stardom, even if they do not win the show. They now realise that come the end of the series, they will have a limited time to promote the finalists and then it's on to next years contestants.

In my view the most obvious winner has been voted off the show, lucky for her. Maria can come back without the baggage of being the winner and see how she gets on in the real world. My mother in law is a big fan of "stars in their eyes" fan, Andy. She also voted for Steve Brookenstein last year, so that doesn't bode well for him. Has anyone else noticed how success has changed the likeable binman? He hasn't mentioned his family for two weeks now and he let slip the F word on saturday. "Fans" Steady!

Reality shows and apparently lottery wins, ruin lives. At least with the latter you don't have to go to work and be jeered at in the street by your "Fans"

Each year this type of show creates a whole new set of notoriously dreadful auditioners. Some know they're bad and go on for a laugh. Other's are so dillusional it is painful and brilliant to watch. My favourite comment still has to be "It's me dream. I've failed at everything else."

That has inspired me to keep up this blog "It's me dream..............................."

3 Comments:

Blogger kats said...

The audition are the best part of this show.

Kats@0)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Yes. It's not the really bad ones that I enjoy the most. It's the ones who are psychoticly convinced of their talent and remain incredulous as they are manhandled through the door by security. "Simon's made a big mistake rejecting me!" I think Simon will get over it.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fave is the mother, sister and boyfriend who are painfully unaware how dire the girl is. They ended up begging on their knees. (But she just kept singing. boom boom). "This is my daughters life this is. Without this she's no point living" Her mother admitted.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home